Car accidents and collisions are often inevitable. Even if you are the most cautious driver, another driver might carelessly swerve at you and collide with your car. But it is very important to choose the best auto body shop out there when you need auto body repairs. Here are a few tips we recommend for choosing the best auto body shop:
- Research the service provider. Take your time to research the service provider. Take a look at the track record of the professional auto repair company, and ask questions like, how long has this company been around? Do they have references? Do they have a solid track record? Poor repairs and bodywork can leave your car looking ugly and less than fully functional. You should also ask your family and friends for their opinion on the best service provider.
- Compare prices. Your insurance company will probably pay for repairs, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t check the prices of the auto body shops you’re considering. Make sure to ask for an estimate. Estimates and pricing are usually easily accessible on the website for auto body shops. Keep in mind that many garages will charge an hourly rate for repairs, and this rate is usually calculated based on the shop’s overhead costs.
- Check on repair time. You should also ask about the time needed to carry out repairs. Make sure you’re not leaving your vehicle with someone that’s going to take several weeks to repair your car.
- Ask about technology. Check out the type of equipment the shop uses as well. Some pro auto body shops have sophisticated machines and technology that do an excellent job while cutting down on the waiting time.
- Find a shop near you. It is super important to find an auto body shop near you. This will give you the time to visit the shop during the repair process and follow the progress of their work. Keep in mind that most auto body shops want to retain their customers, so they will offer great customer care services, like picking up and returning your car after the repair. Look for auto body shops that are OEM certified.
- Technicians’ qualifications. Make sure that the technicians are qualified as well. Ask about their credentials and how many years of experience the technicians have.